Monday, May 26, 2014

Rachid family in Doukkala- Morocco

Rachid: I grew in a conservative family in Dokkala, 90 kilometers away from Casablanca. My father is an Imam, and he learned the Quran by heart. I majored in comparative religious studies abroad. I am married to a Moroccan Christian woman and I have three children. My story with Christianity started when I was at Junior high school while listening to an international program on Radio. I began writing to the program in the hope to defend Islam through some Quranic verses that I memorized with the help of my father. The correspondence lasted four years during which I studied several books and readings related to Islamic and Christian doctrines. I also read about famous converted Muslims. I then decided to convert to Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment